Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cousin's Cornbread

I honestly can't remember if this is called "cousin's cornbread" because that is the real title or if I started calling it that because my sister-in-law made it for me and so it was my children's cousin's cornbread.
But either way, this is delicious cornbread, and that is coming from someone who is now corn-intolerant and didn't really like cornbread in the first place. I made this for a church activity the other night and was almost tempted to try some and let my stomach pay for it later.

1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk

mix the wet ingredients together then pour the dry ones on top and mix well.
pour into an 8x8 pan and cook at 375 for 35-40 minutes. It makes 6 servings.

No comments: