Friday, April 18, 2008

Lemon pork with rosemary

Last night I couldn't decide what sounded good for dinner. The hubby was starving after work, so we decided to just to a quick "whatever" night. That usually means sandwiches, cereal, oatmeal...something simple and cheap.

But, then I remembered I had these two leftover pork loins in the freezer. They are very small, but SO tasty. I also had a zucchini leftover from some bread I made yesterday. So, I decided to get to work.

Ingredients:

2 pork loins
1/2 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1 t Rosemary
1/2 lemon (juice)
onions (about 1/4 cup sliced thinly)
1 zucchini

Directions:

Cook the pork loins over medium heat in 1/2 cup water and cover with lid to let the steam do the work. When almost done, squeeze almost the whole half of lemon juice onto the pork and add the onions to the pot. Season with salt and pepper and rosemary.

Once pork is cooked through, add peeled and chopped up zucchini to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes until zucchini is tender, but not mushy. (Unless you're the type who like mushy vegetables, in which case, you probably won't want to eat dinner at our house.)

Remove contents from the pan and serve! (Makes one serving, well for me it did, but I'm sure you could serve two with it if you had some additional sides. The pork is very thin, though, and not super filling.)

How did it turn out? I loved it. I squeezed some more lemon juice on the zucchini afterwards, and that tasted great. It wasn't very filling, though. It would probably be good over some pasta or served with some steamed rice. I had some zucchini bread for dessert, and I was still kind of hungry. When I tried to share this with my husband, he politely replied, "No thanks, I'd prefer a turkey sandwich." Whatever. :)

No comments: