This is a great recipe. It does have quite a bit of avocado in it, so if you're a fan like me, you'll love it. If you're not such an avocado fan, it may be a little strong for you.
- 3 avocados
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1/2 pound cooked fresh shrimp
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut avocados in half. Discard pits. Spoon meat into a small bowl.
- Chop cooked shrimp.
- In a medium saucepan, combine avocado, chicken broth, whole milk, lemon juice, and chopped onion. Heat slowly to boiling, stirring frequently. Add chopped shrimp, along with salt and pepper. Heat through, but do not boil. Remove from heat. Adjust seasonings to taste. May be served hot or cold.