Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tilapia with tomatoes


This was a great recipe. It's only for two fillets, so if there are more in your family, you'll need to adjust the recipe accordingly. It was a great and fresh taste, a really good summer meal!



Ingredients:


3 cloves garlic
1 cup peeled, seeded, and diced tomato (I used canned)
5 T sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
2 tilapia fillets

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

2. In a medium bowl, mash together the garlic and tomato. Stir in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper Place the fish fillets in a shallow baking dish.

3. Bake fish for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until about halfway done. Remove from the oven, and pour the tomato sauce over it. Return to the oven, and cook for 10 more minutes or until fish fakes easily with a fork.

***It always makes me nervous to cook fish in the oven, because I never feel like I know exactly when it's "done". Next time, I think I'll cook the tilapia in a pan on the stove in some olive oil and then add the sauce to the top when it's done and warm it through.

No comments: