Monday, August 4, 2008

Zucchini Pasta

***This recipe was originally a BIG recipe. I made it for about 2-3 people so it's scaled down a bit. :)

I got this recipe from this website the other day. I had a friend that gave me a bunch of delicious zucchini from her garden, so I had to find SOMETHING to do with it besides make a ton of zucchini bread.

On to the pasta. It's delicious! I didn't make it exactly like The Pioneer Woman did because I didn't have everything on hand at my house and this was a quick "whip it up" lunch. So...you get what you get. :)

Recipe:

1/2 LARGE zuchinni (equal to one regular sized zuchinni) not peeled, but chopped coarsely
Grape or cherry tomatoes (I didn't have any of these and so I sliced up carrots and put them in)
Olive oil
Chicken broth
Pasta (she used farfalle, I used penne)
Cream (I had none...so I used sour cream, surprisingly ... it worked)
Parmesan Cheese
Corn Starch

Directions:

Heat 2 T Olive Oil in a skillet, and then add the zucchini until it's slightly browned. DON'T cook it for very long, mushy vegetables are gross. Plus, it cooks more later.

Remove the zucchini from the pan. Add in chopped onion (1/4 onion or so) and 1 clove garlic.
Put in the tomatoes (or carrots) and heat.

Pour in 1/3 cup chicken broth. Scrape the bottom of the pan and get it all mixed in.

In another bowl, stir together 1/3 cup chicken broth and 1 T Corn Starch.

Stir this mixture into the vegetables and add about 3 T sour cream.

Stir to combine. Add the zucchini back in and turn off the heat and just let the flavors combine.

Stir this mixture together with your cooked pasta and enjoy!




My only warning is that this has LOT of vegetables in it. So, if your little digestive system isn't used to vege. overload ... maybe eat this with some bread or something to tone it down a bit. :)

No comments: