This is an easier version of those chocolate cakes with liquid centers. Just put it in the crock and let the crock do it's magic.
What's in it:
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
6 tablespoons butter
2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (or 1/3 cup of chocolate chips)
1 cup sugar (2/3 cup, and 1/3 cup separated)
3 tablespoons cocoa PLUS 1/3 cup cocoa (for later)
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1 egg yolk
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups hot water
1. Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray
2. In a large bowl, melt the butter & chocolate
3. Whisk in 2/3 cups of the sugar, 3 tablespoons of the cocoa, and all of the vanilla, salt, milk and egg. Mix.
4. Add flour & baking powder.
5. Pour into the crock pot and even out.
6. Whisk together the remaining sugar, cocoa and hot water until sugar is dissolved.
7. Pour over batter.
8. Cover and cook on high 1-2 hours (depending on size of crock pot-it's done when the cake pulls from the sides) *note: when checking cake, try not to let the steam collected on the lid drip onto the cake
9. When done, remove lid and let sit for 25 minutes.
10. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.
11. Let it melt in your mouth.
From Family Fun
(Family Fun's picture)